CIRCLE OF EXCELLENCE
What could you accomplish if you had more confidence when you wanted it? Which positive feelings from your past would you want to re-experience if you could transfer them from where they happened in your life to where you really want them? The Circle of Excellence will do just that.
- 1. Relive Confidence. Stand up and let yourself go back in your memory to a time when you were very confident, abundantly confident. Relive that moment, seeing what you saw and hearing what you heard.
- 2. Circle of Excellence. As you feel the confidence building in you, imagine a coloured circle on the floor around your feet. What colour would you like your circle to be? Would you like it also to have a sound like a soft hum that indicates how powerful it is? When that feeling of confidence is at its fullest, step out of that circle, leaving those confident feelings inside the circle. This is an unusual request, and you can do it.
- 3. Selecting Cues. Now think of a specific time in your future when you want to have that same feeling of confidence. See and hear what will be there just before you want to feel confident. The cue could be your boss’s office door, your office phone, or heating yourself being introduced before a speech.
- 4. Linking. As soon as those cues are clear in your mind, step back into the circle and feel those confident feelings again. Imagine that situation unfolding around you in the future with these confident feelings fully available to you.
- 5. Check Results. Now step out of the circle again, leaving those confident feelings there in he circle. Outside the circle, take a moment and think again of that upcoming event. You’ll find you’ll automatically recall those confident feelings. This means you’ve already reprogrammed yourself for that upcoming event. You’re feeling better about it and it hasn’t even happened yet. When it arrives, you’ll find yourself naturally responding more confidently.